About J4J

This blog was created by the family of Jason Day who was wrongfully convicted of "Shaking Baby Syndrome". We have fought for 3 years for his justice and we will continue to fight until the world knows the truth. We want to educate people about SBS and have a place to share our thoughts and our daily struggles as we fight for my brother's innocence.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tattoo

Time goes by so slowly sometimes, then all the sudden its been another month and I don't know where the time went or how I ever thought it went by so slow..So I apologize for not writing lately!!

 Last time I saw Jason I told him that I would be getting a J4J tattoo in the next few weeks, but ONLY if HE designed it. I am doing it for him, for the memory, for the strength to push on, and for all the people in the world that will see it and ask me about it! I currently have 1 tattoo now, a pink bow on the back of my neck that is in memory of Natalie Michelle. My brother Kenneth and I will be getting them done together :) I have had some people say to me: "Why would you want a tattoo that makes you re-live the last 3 years and all the heartbreak..ect". Here is my answer; It is a CONSTANT reminder of what me and my family have gone through. Whether it be the sadness of the trial, the jail visits, the time behind or ahead of me now, it is ALL memories and it is MY LIFE. When I see the tattoo I can be reminded of how strong Jason is and what HE went through and what WE went through as a family. It's a way to remind myself of how strong a person really is and what I can overcome...because I honestly believe this is the hardest thing I will ever go through. Its like the emotions of a funeral, wedding, birth of a child, all wrapped into this single thing in my life. There is no way to prepare..no advice to be given, no book to read, nothing but family and friends to just BE THERE in any way they can. So, a tattoo is a decision that will affect me for the rest of my life, but I am ALREADY affected the rest of my life!! A tattoo is my way of releasing my pain and emotions of this journey. Its an outlet and a way to share my story...Jason's story. 

1 comment: