About J4J

This blog was created by the family of Jason Day who was wrongfully convicted of "Shaking Baby Syndrome". We have fought for 3 years for his justice and we will continue to fight until the world knows the truth. We want to educate people about SBS and have a place to share our thoughts and our daily struggles as we fight for my brother's innocence.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

So.... sentencing is done..it was a hard day. Jason looked so sad. But we all came and showed our love and support..So did the news....I loathe the news anymore, we just cannot believe what we hear on it. They said over and over we showed no emotions...I sure wish they could know the pain and agony we faced with Jason and the countless tears we have all shed in the last 3 yrs. But ,whenever I think on those things, I quickly stop myself and turn to my God and ask for peace and strength for all of us, but especially for Jason, He is afterall the one facing the hardest of times now... He is strong, I am amazed on how well he has done in the situations that face him daily. He remains positive and alive and well and most of the time in good spirits. He has done so well and I couldn't be prouder ,considering NONE of us know the nightmare he faces day in and day out. He even remains positive about the possibility of getting a new trial someday. That is where our hope lies also. I am looking forward to holding him in my arms again,for him to be able to touch his neices , he never has been able to since they were babies. To be able to hug him will be the best thing since this has happened. Can you imagine not touching another human being for 3 yrs..... I cannot..I have locked myself in my bathroom in the dark to try and "feel" as he does daily.....and I cannot handle it for more than a few minutes.. sounds odd,but I so want to feel how he does to know how to pray....then the Lord leads me in my prayers,isnt that amazing...I am grateful for the challenges in this life that have brought me to my knees, and I have learned so many things of how God works and how he wants us to rely on Him in every little thing ,not just the big ones... He is an awesome God and has carried us through this...and carried Jason . I am so grateful for those who comfort us,support us,pray for us and fight with us... it will be a long hard battle for Justice 4 Jason,but we will never stop !

No comments:

Post a Comment