About J4J

This blog was created by the family of Jason Day who was wrongfully convicted of "Shaking Baby Syndrome". We have fought for 3 years for his justice and we will continue to fight until the world knows the truth. We want to educate people about SBS and have a place to share our thoughts and our daily struggles as we fight for my brother's innocence.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sentencing

Tomorrow, Friday February 10th, 2012at 1:30pm is Jasons sentancing. It's a strange feeling. I am trying to stay unattached as much as possible because I do not want all the emotional and overwhelming feelings of trial to come back, but I can only be so disconnected. My brother says he doesnt want to come with us, and I don't blame him at all. Why go back to that place, see those DA's, and the judge and all those people who help put my brother in jail...what is the point? To see Jason? To be there for his support? I think its ALL about supporting him. Showing him he is not alone in ANYTHING he will do from now on in all of this. I am considering bringing Lily, my 3yr old daughter. She has never seen Jason out from behind the glass of the county jail. I dont want her in the courtroom, just to be there and let him see her for the first time outside of County since she was a week old. Who knows how long it will be before he is sent to prison and we can see him in person and hug him and everything else that comes with being able to be phsyically with someone. I think we all take advantage of that at times...

Even though we basically know the outcome of the sentancing, it's still weighing heavily...sort of finalizing this 3 year nightmare. Im actually excited for him to go to prison. I WANT him to go there instead of staying at county for another 3 years. I can be with him, we can have visits longer than 15 min...He needs fresh air, to be outside...I am ready for the next part of this "journey" with Jason..The Battle part. They have no idea what my family has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment