About J4J

This blog was created by the family of Jason Day who was wrongfully convicted of "Shaking Baby Syndrome". We have fought for 3 years for his justice and we will continue to fight until the world knows the truth. We want to educate people about SBS and have a place to share our thoughts and our daily struggles as we fight for my brother's innocence.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

UPDATE

I just wanted to make a quick post and update about Jason. He was transferred from county jail 2 weeks ago and was sent to Lawton Prison. He wrote 2 postcards while he has been there, saying he was healthy and okay. He said they did not give him towels, toothbrushes, deodorant..nothing. He is struggling with that a lot right now, because if you know Jason, those are the things that keep him grounded....sane. He called my mother tonight to tell her he would be transferred again to the prison he will be at indefinitely on Tuesday. He does not know where yet...very uneasy feeling. I think he is ready to get where he will be going and get all the intake and transferring over with. Hard not talking to him or seeing him these last few weeks, and likely many more weeks. What prison he goes to depends on what protection he has and what amenities he is able to receive. I want him to be safe, but I also want him to have visits, have time OUTSIDE, and be able to call and write as much as he wants.

I haven't been thinking about it all because I don't like it to become overwhelming...the past 3 years have been too overwhelming to even comprehend, so this moment is a lot more to wrap my head around. Please just pray for him, think about him, whatever you do to send love his way, please do. Thanks to everyone following this blog. I love you all and appreciate you taking time out of your day to read what we have to say.

Catherine

2 comments:

  1. I will find out where he is going before he can tell me,and I will post the address then......please keep him in your prayers,this place is hard on him.......Jason has got to be the cleanest person there and for him not to have the normal things needed is rough on him......also not reading.which he lives for....thank you all for supporting us and him..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband Ed and I will be praying for Jason; for his safety and protection, for him to be provided with and allowed to have the personal items he needs and deserves, and for God to work thru this situation so that Jason will be vindicated. We pray for God to touch Jason's heart as never before, and that Jason will reach out and hold onto Jesus, as his best friend as well as his Savior. We send our love to him and each of his family members.

    Ed and Lisa Folkmann

    ReplyDelete